Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Posts Each Week

I decided I should make an effort to post more than just my normal two times a week, with extras if I get something published. I figured four times a week, with those extra posts here and there, would be a good number. My goal is to keep Mondays for the writing prompts (I'm thrilled some of you have gotten use out of them), and Fridays (technically late on Thursday nights, but I'm calling it Fridays) for, of course, #fridayflash.

The new posts will go up on Sundays and Wednesdays. On Sundays, I plan on giving a schedule for the week, both on the blog and on my writing in general, to give you an insight into what I'm working on, but more importantly to keep me honest with my work. Wednesdays will be the days I introduce (usually) two short stories from various on-line magazines around the Internet or on podcast zines. This will serve two purposes: one, it'll get me back to reading some short stories--the only shorts I've read recently on a regular basis are #fridayflash stories and other postings by #fridayflash authors, and two, to hopefully get some of you reading and supporting the on-line zines. The short story highlight posts will begin next week.

There is a good chance I will also make the occasional post having to do with pop-culture and writing. Maybe this will replace a Wednesday short story post if I haven't had time to read enough that week, or, if I've done my homework, I'll post it on a different day of the week. Actually, tomorrow will be my first pop culture post on the book, Twilight. I bet you can't wait to hear what I say about it (spoiler alert: I liked it in a way).

So check back often to see something new--definitely on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I'd tease my #fridayflash for this week, but I'm not sure which one I'm going to use. I have two that are almost ready, but I'm not sure which one I'll use yet. One is about a mysterious eyeball in a neighboring house, while the other is based on a Fear Factory song called Final Exit (I'm being imaginative and calling the story that, too) and a writing prompt stating, "Write about leaving." You'll have to wait until Friday to see which one I feel is ready for prime time.

Any questions for me about any of the topics I discussed above--or anything else--feel free to ask in the comment section. So until next time (tomorrow), keep reading and/or writing!