Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Short Stories to Listen to

This week I've chosen a science fiction (of sorts) and horror story for you to listen to. Either use the links below, or go search out the podcasts on iTunes and download the stories to listen to at your leisure. (That's how I do it.) Without further ado, here they are.

The first story is from Escape Pod. It's Episode 244: Non-Zero Probabilities by N.K. Jemisin. This one is about New York City becoming a very lucky place. The problem is that all luck isn't necessarily good. The story revolves around the main character's journey of deciding what to do about this new situation, and if she should do anything at all. I found this one an interesting read. Give it a listen and decide what you think.

The next story is from Pseudopod. It's Episode 182: The Dreaming Way by Jim Bihyeh. This one is about a junior high age girl who doesn't get along with anyone at her school. She has a special ability which helps her get by, and an old man teaches her how to use her ability even further. A horrific event is going to happen at her school, and the old man wants her to be the one to stop it. This one has some bite to it, especially the ending. I enjoyed it thoroughly. See what you think.

As always, I'm getting no sort of compensation from either podcast nor the authors. I don't know any of them. I'm simply giving these links because I enjoyed the stories, and I hope others enjoy them as well. Until next time, keep reading and/or writing.