Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reading Challenges for 2011

I saw a few reading challenges over at The Book Vixen's blog, and I thought I might give two a shot. The first is the "Outdo Yourself" challenge. The challenge is to read more books in 2011 than I did in 2010. I didn't keep track of how many I read in 2010, but I'm guessing it wasn't 50. So that's my challenge for this year--read 50 books. Can I do it? I have no idea, but I'm willing to try. If you'd like to check out this challenge, click here or on the picture below.

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Here is my list for the Outdo Yourself Challenge, which I will update when I finish each book:
1. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
2. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
3. The Halfling's Gem by R.A. Salvatore
4. Dark Lady's Chosen by Gail Z. Martin
5. Hidden Mickey: Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales! by Nancy Temple Rodrigue and David W. Smith
6. Hidden Mickey 2: It All Started... by Nancy Temple Rodrigue and David W. Smith
7. Don't Fall Asleep: A Dream Assassin Novel by Laura Eno
8. The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
9. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
10. The Ghosts of Ashbury High by Jaclyn Moriarty
11. Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror by Jennifer Finney Boylan
12. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
13. The Coming of the Dragon by Rebecca Barnhouse
14. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
15. Power Play (Kingdom Keepers #4) by Ridley Pearson
16. The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching
17. All For One by Ryne Douglas Pearson
18. The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
19. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
20. Bag of Bones by Stephen King
21. The Disappearance by Bentley Little
22. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
23. Weaver of Darkness by Melissa L. Webb
24. Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
25. Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
26. Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
27. Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
28. Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
29. Hunted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
30. Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
31. Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
32. Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
33. The Child Thief by Brom
34. Book of Secrets by Chris Roberson
35. The Prestige by Christopher Priest
36. The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
37. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
38. The Snow Queen's Shadow by Jim C. Hines
39. Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer
40. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
41. Gimme A Call by Sarah Mlynowski
42. Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer
43. Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer
44. Twelfth Grade Kills by Heather Brewer
45. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
46. World War Z by Max Brooks
47. Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
48. Hissers by Ryan C. Thomas
49. A Walk in the Woods by Margaret Lake

The second is even more than the first. It is the 100+ Reading Challenge. This one is hosted by My Overstuffed Bookshelf. I'm not sure if 50 books is realistic for me, so doubling that number and trying to read 100 might be impossible, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. Maybe I'm underestimating myself. Probably not, but I'm willing to give it a go. If you'd like to check out the 100+ Reading Challenge, click here.



The first 50 from this challenge will be the same as the Outdo Yourself Challenge, since the challenges can use the same books. Check that list for books 1 through 50. When I hit book 51, I'll continue counting here:
51.


If you'd like to see what I thought of these books, feel free to friend me on Goodreads. Just search for "Eric Krause." I'll give at least a few sentences of review for each book I read.