Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Game of Seven

This week on Facebook, the Game of Seven writing meme made its rounds, and I had a blast participating. Here are the rules: Go to page 7 or 77 of your latest work. Read down to the seventh line and then post online the next seven lines or sentences.

I started my latest project, Dragon Dreams, on Monday, so I'm taking my 7 lines from page 7. Since it's a first draft, these lines haven't been edited in any way, so take them as you will. Dragon Dreams is the sequel to Dragon Guard, a book I have coming out next February from Hunt Press. This is a planned trilogy.

As they buckled up and pulled the shoulder restraints down, he could feel all of her concentration on him. "Fine," she said. "I don't get it, but if it's that important to you, we'll go. I'll speak the incantation. You picture Rico's realm and keep me in mind."
"Okay. Thanks, Andi. I love you."
"You better," she said, but he heard the smile in her voice. "And I'm not kidding about browsing extra-long in the jewelry and gem store."


Hope you enjoyed the (very) brief peek at my latest project!