Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Stories Pt. 3

Here are my last 4 stories that are currently available on the Internet. I also have a few others that aren't online, either anymore or in the case of one story, never was. One, called "The Crowd," was from the online magazine Nocturnal Ooze. That's the only story I've ever actually received a check for--about seven bucks or so. I wish I'd made a copy of that check, but, alas, I didn't. That magazine no longer exists and didn't keep archieves of past issues, at least that I can find. Another story, called "The Adventurer," appears in an actual hard-copy magazine. Imagine that! It's from issue #9 of Trail of Indiscretion. Other than that, I had one story published quite a few years ago (in the 1990s or early 2000s--before I kept careful records), but it has long since disappeared into the vast history of cyberspace.

Anyway, back to my stories you can actually read at a click of a link:

The Door to Nothing : This one never says what genre it belongs to, just that it is a work of speculative fiction. You can decide for yourself whether it is fantasy, science fiction, or something else. I enjoy writing stories that, while they have a beginning, middle, and end (at least I hope), are very ambiguous and let the reader decide for themselves what is going on. I make sure when I write such stories they are very short, like this one, because it's not fair to make a reader comb through thousands of words to end up with ambiguity. With a quick story (usually referred to as flash fiction), though, I think it's fun. Let me know what you think.

Battle Scars; Soul Traveler; 1-800-FUN-TALK : These last three stories come from a magazine called Down in the Dirt. The website has all of the authors that have written for them in a huge archive. Unfortunately for links, they present it in a frame format. It's quite possible that you can view the site without frames, meaning you can jump right to one of my stories, but I don't know how to do that. If anyone does know, please let me know! Anyway, when you click on the link, you'll see a long list of names on the left, alphabetical by last name. Just scroll down to me (Eric J. Krause) and click on my name. You'll then be able to read my stories.

There you go, my 12 viewable stories. I've decided, starting in 2009, I'll be blogging twice a week, probably once on the weekend, and once in the middle of the week. More on that later. So, for now, peace out! Nah. I like it, but it's been done to death.