Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2 Science Fiction Stories to Read

Another Wednesday brings another two stories for your reading pleasure. This week they're both science fiction stories. One is from an ezine, while the other is from a podcast. You can listen to that one right from the link below, or hit up iTunes, search for the podcast name, and then download the episode. Easy as pie. As always, I'm getting nothing from anyone for pointing out these stories. They're simply stories I enjoyed, so I'm passing the links along. I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did!

The first story is called Desolation Springs Eternal by Frank Summers. It's from the Spring/Summer 2010 issue of Allegory Magazine. This one's about a lonely robot left behind on a moon base, and how his eternal hope in humanity keeps him going. Science fiction fans will get a kick out of the names of the robots in this one.

The next one is called Ep. 237: Roadside Rescue by Pat Cadigan. This one comes from the podcast Escape Pod, and it's worth a listen. An alien has its servant fix the car of a stranded motorist, and then asks the guy to get in its limo. Strangeness ensues. This story is well told throughout, and the reveal at the end had me laughing out loud. I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but the quick introduction at the beginning of the podcast will give you a hint.

I hope you enjoy these two stories as much as I did. Give them, and other short fiction out there, a read. And until next time, keep reading and/or writing!