Thursday, October 7, 2010

#fridayflash--Dear Lover

Dear Lover
by Eric J. Krause

Dear Lover,

You don't know me. Not really. Not yet. But you've been on my mind, in my sight, for so long that I can't help but feel how intimate we should be. I've seen it in your eyes even when you don't see me. You don't love me, but you will.

I hope you realize this isn't about your looks. I could go on and on about those (and I have--the voices in my head know as much about you as me), but they're only skin deep. Not that that's a bad thing. I can and do watch you for hours--watch you change, watch you shower, watch you masturbate (that's my favorite), watch you sleep--but I enjoy myself much more when I listen to you. Your phone conversations perk up my day, and in person you always turn up the charm.

The only times I hate listening to you is when pain permeates your voice. It breaks my heart, especially since I know I'm the source of so much of it. But it's for your own good. Those guys never call you back, true, but not by their choice. Some of them even seem really nice. Those were the ones it hurt the most to dispose of. You'll be happy to know that I made their deaths as painless and quick as I could. I thought I owed you that.

So you can see you're not so unlucky in love. None of those guys were right for you, and plus you have me. Don't fret. One day I'll step forward. I'll treat you like the princess you truly are. I just ask that you never betray me, never disrespect me, never laugh at me, and never leave me. If you do, I'll still love you, but it will be your corpse I'm loving.

Then again, I may just pursue your corpse anyway. That way I'll never disappoint you, and you'll never disappoint me. We'll see how it works out.

Until then, know you're my everything. I'll be watching, listening. Always. You are my everything. My everything. And one day I'll be yours.

Eternally yours,

Your beloved