Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Stories Pt. 1

I thought today would be a great day to post links to my short stories since I had a new one published today. I still have another one out there waiting to be published, so when it sees the light of cyberspace, I'll post a link for it--and any others that get published in the future. For now, though, here are some of the links to my 12 stories. I'll post the rest later--don't want to knock 'em all out at once! For the most part I write genre fiction--Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Horror.So, without further ado (you can play a drumroll in your head if you'd like), here are some links to my short stories:

Planetary Fear : This is my latest story. It is listed as a Sci-Fi story in The Absent Willow Review, but I think it could easily be called a horror story. It's about a guy getting the suprise of his life with a new virtual reality game.

Village of the Dragons : This one is pure fantasy. It has a bard, a wizard, a dragon, and a young boy who learns he has magical powers, all set in a fantasy setting. I'm proud of all my stories, but I really like this one.

The Figure in the Window : I got this one published in 2004, so it's been out there for awhile. The magazine no longer exists, but I'm thrilled they've kept the link for my story up. In the story, the main character is the only one who can see a shadowy figure in the 2nd story window of an old abandoned house.

Red Rose on White : This is probably the only story I've had published that you could classify as "mainstream" or "contemporary" or whatever non-genre label you want to put on it. It's a simple story about a quilt square. And imagination.

I think that'll do it for today. Next time I'll post four more. I'm still working on a snazzy exit line for my posts. How about...May the force be with you. Nah, been done.
Until next time...