Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Book Reviews: Writing Books

Last month I wrote a book review of Page After Page by Heather Sellers. I received a few comments of thanks because it's so hard to know exactly how practical or helpful writing books actually will be. They all seem like they will be the best book to help forward a writer's craft, but far too often they end up disappointing. That's why I want to review more writing books. I plan on having a review next week for the book No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, one of the founders of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I also have a few other books on my shelf waiting to be read and reviewed. Hopefully these will help some of you decide if you'd like to give these books a shot.

So why this post? I'm glad you asked. I have a question for you fine writers. Are there any writing books you'd like me to review? I'm not promising anything (depends on my available funds and such considerations), but if the books you request look like one that might help me, too, I will gladly buy it, read it, and report on it. As I said, I already have a few I plan on reviewing, so hopefully those will help, too. So let's have 'em in the comments, folks! What writing books would you like to see me review?