Thursday, February 16, 2012

#FridayFlash--The Funeral

The Funeral
by Eric J. Krause

"Priscilla Peabody lived a full life. She brought joy, not only to those of us in this family, but to everyone whose life she touched. She will be missed the world over.

"I remember the first time we met. Neither of us said a word. We didn't have to. We shared a bond right from the beginning. I saved her from a life of retail and neglect so she could live in luxury amongst treasure and all she could eat.

"As we say our final farewell, I hope everyone truly understands how special she, Priscilla Peabody, was. She will be missed. Each and every day. For as long as the world turns."

"C'mon, Dad, it's just a stupid fish. Flush it already so we can get on with our lives. Why do you have to make a ceremony out of everything?"

24 comments:

  1. I was NOT expecting that twist at the end! Got me laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's the ceremony that means most to the congregation. Lots of fun in this.
    Adam B @revhappiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that fish lived through some difficult times! Show some respect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought a big smile to my face Eric! least they gave her a burial at sea ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I have been to that funeral more than once. Sometimes you just have to say a few words :) Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Great twist, and three cheers for the dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! This was a tasty little tidbit, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha completely had me Eric! Very nice

    marc nash

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice story! Still have a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I SO didn't expect that little sting in the tail! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I wasn't expecting that ending, but great story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Trust the kid to steal the occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never buy a pet that's too big to flush. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a dog years ago of the same name! Just kidding. Fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw it coming. But then I have an unfair advantage, I guess! Good work, Eric!
    John
    @wackyscribe (Twitter)
    www.jmwsmith.webeden.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun twist Eric! He must've really loved Priscilla Peabody huh?
    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Niiice. Love the son's lines...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect flash, so very well done, I really connected with dramatic dad there....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comments! I'm glad this one was a hit. It was fun to write.

    ReplyDelete